Friday, August 5, 2011

Henry turned 3!

Henry has had many hurdles the past few months, one of them being his 3rd birthday. We had a blast celebrating together. I think Lucas was more excited than Henry. He woke him up around 6 in the morning. When I went with Lucas to pick out a present for Henry, he told me "I'm going to get him the best present! When he opens it his face is going to turn red!" It was pretty cute. Henry definitely had a great day too, though.

We started out early(thanks to Lucas) with presents.

We celebrated in the evening at Boondocks with a little mini golf and games; and finished off with a little Buzz cake and ice cream. The only birthday parties we had been to recently were 1st birthdays, so when we brought the cake out, Henry started digging in with his hands thinking that was the appropriate course of action. We got a pretty good kick out of that.
Henry displaying his new golf hat with Daddy and Bubba. Nat and Bubba hit a home run on this gift! Another feat Henry has managed is potty training! Typical Henry, it had to be on his terms, but when he was ready it was a breeze! As a reward, we told him he would get to go golfing when he was potty trained. We were on a family vacation at Bear Lake when Brian woke Henry up to go golfing and he ran around the condo telling everyone "I get to go golfing now because I'm a potty train!" He's such a sweet kid and we love him to bits!

No comments: