Lucas clapping as Emily finishes the race.
Only 3 months after giving birth to our second child, Emily is at it again. Saturday the 13th of September, Emily completed her first ever 10K (6.2M). All proceeds for the race went to benefit the McKay-Dee Heart Services. The race took place in Layton and started at Surf n' Swim (Check out the full course http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/ut/layton/203227639).
Emily's goal was to finish the race in 55 minutes and she did just that finishing in 55:50. Emily finished 103rd out of 193 people who ran the race. She was 42nd in the overall women category. Here is the link to the race that will post the official results (http://www.theclassicrace.blogspot.com/).
I think her main motivation to finish the race was to see her 3 boys waiting at the finish line cheering her on. It was fun watching her complete her first 10K. Way to go Em!!!
2 comments:
Emily, That is so awesome!! I am so proud of you. I don't know if I could ever do that. I am way excited to start Farwell 2 Fat and have you motivate me!! :) Way to go. Next time count me in (I'll run the 5K race)
I wrote a comment the day of your race. I am so proud of you. I can't believe you could run that race 3 months after having Henry. It made me cry looking at the little boys there cheering you on. I bet that was a wonderful sight to see them at the finish line. Emily, you truly are my hero. Love Ya!
Post a Comment